cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 device managment

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

we have new stack able switch installed few weeks back the model is "c3750-IPBASE-M" model ws-c3750G-48TS-S. some reason CiscoWorks unable to detect this device. should I do different thing LMS able to detect and manage it?any help please!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The ACL is one way. However, you can go to Device Center > SNMP Walk, and try to perofmr an SNMP Walk with a starting OID of sysObjectID. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to backtrack through the network to find where udp/161 traffic is being blocked.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No. All you need is an SNMP read-only community string configured on the switch, and udp/161 must be open between the LMS server and the device. 3750 switches are managed just like standard devices in LMS.

thanks J. the snmp is configured however I don't know about udp161 is open how I can check the port is open on cisco devices? check the access-list?

The ACL is one way. However, you can go to Device Center > SNMP Walk, and try to perofmr an SNMP Walk with a starting OID of sysObjectID. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to backtrack through the network to find where udp/161 traffic is being blocked.

thanks, actually the device was not cdp enable. I just added as seed device and discover by CW. I hope this kind off issue resolved on LMS 3.1 the device discover other than cdp!!! thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: