Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH issues with LMS 3.1

bevan.barry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi jclarke,

Browsing through the threads I saw that a solution was posted for LMS 2.6. Looks like the issue is with the version of java. The version I've got running is 1.6.0.50 and I'm now seeing anywhere where I can type in the command with the path to the ssh client. Could you please help!

Thanks.

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't with Java Web Start. Instead, you need to create a campus.properties file in your home directory on your client. This file should have one line:

CMSSH=PATH_TO_SSH

Where PATH_TO_SSH is the fully-qualified path to your SSH client. For example:

CMSSH=C:\\PuTTY\PuTTY.exe

After doing this, restart your browser.

I should also add that you'll need Campus Manager 5.1.1 in order for this to work properly. CM 5.1.1 is downloadable through Common Services > Software Center > Software Update.

Hi jc,

Ok now downloading 5.1.1. I have version 5.1.0 running What are the java config though?

Bevan

There is nothing that needs to be configured Java-wise. You just need to be using Java 1.6.0_5.

Going to test this out in a few mins as 5.1.1 is still downloading. How would LMS know which ssh client to use?

It knows because you tell it in the campus.properties file I mentioned previously. LMS will use that SSH client. This file is configured on a per-user, per-client basis.

Sorry only now seeing that previous post.

I had a typo. The example should read:

CMSSH=C:\\PuTTY\\PuTTY.exe

Cool...I'll give this a go in a bit and let yu know how I get on. The software update failed so had to start it again.

Thanks JC! All is now well.

Loving the service by the way!

Bevan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco