Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax server - CCM or Voice GW!

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

This is my first time deploying a fax server so I need your recommendations about it.

- We have a Rightfax server using SR140 as fax boards. Which device should I connect the fax server to: CCM or VoiceGW? (I will use H.323)

- In both cases, there must be fax configurations in the voice gateway. So what do I have to configure? Do I need a TCL script to detect fax tone...?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

jasoninbtr
Level 1
Level 1

I would personally integrate to CCM so you have centrallized dial plan. You will have to configure TCL on the VG to do fax tone detection. This is only required if you want users to have one number for voice and fax.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/ivr/configuration/guide/ivrapp06.html

Hope this helps.

Jason

Thanks for your reply.

You said "This is only required if you want users to have one number for voice and fax" --> so if I use different numbers for voice and fax, I don't have to configure TCL? (I have an E1 line and I can take one of the numbers (we have 30 DNs with this line) for fax)

Yes. If you don't want/need to have a single number for voice/fax you do not have to use TCL scripts for tone detection. You just have to create a dial-peer (h.323) or a route pattern (MGCP) to point to the fax server for the group of DNs you want to use for faxing.

Hope this helps.

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: