Uploading IVR prompt to SQL DB-IPIVR5.0

Unanswered Question
Nov 24th, 2008

Hi,

I record a prompt from user using the "recording" function and then can upload it to the repository using the "upload" IVRS function on CRS5.0.

Now simultaneously, I want to write/upload to the SQL DB.

Can somebosy give any idea how to I do this.

In other words, recording function gives me a document output.How do I write this to SQL DB.

Do I need to convert it to some other type?

What would be the variable type in SQL DB?

My idea is to later retrieve this prompt from DB and play it through IVR "prompt" function.

Is it also possible to just stored the path of the prommpt(strored on the servers) as a string on the DB, and while retrieving this prompt go to the server drectory retrieve and play the prompt?

thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
BCOLE2007 Tue, 11/25/2008 - 06:26

Hi,

The field in SQL server should be defined as a BLOB, Binary Large Object, You should research to see if it requires any special as BLOBs may be stored differently in the database that other fields, at least that is the case in Oracle.

lets say Prompt_tbl has two values an ID and a Recording then this should populate it

Insert into Prompt_tbl values

($id,$documentRecording)

*Please rate all posts

Blair

matthiasgreiner Tue, 06/16/2009 - 01:18

Hi

@ra_jeshkalra, did it work to write the prompt into a database and read it later again?

Because we have a problem where your solution could work:

As HA is not supported together with UCCE, we have installed two independent IVRs for redundancy.

Now if a supervisor records a prompt for a major outage on IVR1 we need a solution to synchronize this prompt to IVR2 or the supervisor has to record the prompt on each IVR.

With ra_jeshkalra's solution we could write the recorded prompt into a customer db on both IVRs and read it read it independently on which IVR the customer calls is transferred to.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Matthias

Actions

This Discussion