cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA enabled devices

jeeyishyuan
Level 1
Level 1

I have re-installed the CW LSM3.0 and complete all the updates. However, IPM can only detects 1 device as IP SLA enabled devices while there are more than 50 devices detected as IP SLA enabled before the un-installation. Can anyone advise me on that?

16 Replies 16

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure the reimported devices have the correct SNMP read-only community strings (or SNMPv3 credentials) configured in DCR. Additionally, make sure that you have configured IPM to auto-sync all devices from DCR.

Hi jclarke,

I have verified the SNMP RO community strings. All devices are also imported to IPM. However, I have only 1 IP SLA enabled device after the re-installation. Before that, I have more than 50. This also means that, I can only have 1 device to set as source device when creating collector. Any advice? Thanks!

Enable IPMSERVER debugging under IPM > Admin > Loglevel Settings. Then, remove all your devices from IPM, and re-add the devices from DCR (all done under IPM > Collector Mgmt > Devices). Then post the ipmprocess.log.

Remove is to delete All devices from IPM? Will it cause All Devices to be deleted from DCR too? How can I re-add the devices? Via the Add button under IPM?

Hi jclarke,

I have deleted and re-add the devices to IPM. IPMProcess.log is as attached.

You did not enable debugging as I had instructed.

Hi jclarke,

This is the updated ipmprocess.log. Please advice.Thanks.

Regards

YS

I am seeing multiple IP SLA capable devices in this log. Which devices are not showing up as valid IP SLA source devices?

Hi jclarke,

Another problem that I have encountered is a Tomcat error. I have tried to stop and start some IPM processes including Tomcat Monitor process but the problem remained unsolve. Hope to hear some advice from you too. Thank you very much!

Regards

YS

This is bug CSCsl37260 which is fixed in IPM 4.1. However, it is simply masking an error in your collector configuration. You have not done something correctly when configuring your collector. Typically, this means you did not select a source or target device.

Hi jclarke,

Thanks for your great response. But I still have another problem is the IPM has no any source device for me to select in the source device list. As requested, I have uploaded another ipmprocess.log file to show the debugging status. Can you advise me on that? Thanks

As I said in my previous reply, I see many devices that IPM is correctly discovering. For example, 10.11.251.2, 10.34.250.210, 10.34.250.193, and 10.34.250.226 are all properly discovered, and supported for IP SLA.

Is this LMS server integrated with ACS?

No ACS is integrated with the LMS server. Currently, I have all Devices listed in IPM Device list. However, there are no device listed under the source list to configure collector.

Two screen shots are attached to show the IPM device list and IPM source device list.

Regards

YS

There may be a problem with your IPM database. Shut down CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, then run:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ipm dmprefix=Ipm

Once the database is reinitialized, restart Daemon Manager, and try re-syncing devices from DCR.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco