Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing the old CSS with the NEW CSS

nehakulsum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know the correct procedure for replacing the faulty CSS with the new CSS 11501 switch. Currently the backup css is master and i have the new css in front of me, so now if i configure the new CSS and connects the cable back from the faulty CSS to the new css will all the traffic flow back to the new CSS ? or do i have to do force master command on the new CSS?

Any help would be appricated. CSS running 8.0 version on both the CSS.

Regards

neha

3 Replies 3

litrenta
Level 3
Level 3

since you have a cable connecting the 2 css I would assume you are configured for box to box redundancy, if that is the case and you do not have "ip redundancy master" configured on one of the CSS's then whoever is active will stay active unless forced.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Connect the crossover cable BEFORE you power up the CSS or you will end up in a master/master state.

Hi Litrenta,

Thanks for the update. I would like to know do i have to scheduled the Maintainence window to do the changes or can i change te faulty one without having the MW? Will this change affect the existing network???

Hi Neha,

It is always recommended to have MW scheduled before doing any changes like this to be in safer side.

Regards

Shariff