Views
Helpful
Replies

Poor file transfer performance going through my 1801

twhittle1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I hope this post is on the correct part of the forum :)

I am getting very poor performance during file transfers on two computers and between streaming video between 2 computers on my local LAN and I wondered can anyone suggest anything I can on my router to speed it up? the transfer speeds (according to vista are approx 250kbps)

Each computer is connected directly to a 10/100 switch interface on the router, I have no firewall on. My configuration is posted if that is any use.

I was just wondering if anyone can suggest anything I can do??

The PCs are XP and vista but I get poor performance between my XP PC and my PS3 for the media streaming. Am I doing anything glaringly wrong on my router? Or am I just rubbish with windows and I need to trawl through a windows forum and try and get a non-cisco answer there?

Thanks All!

Tom

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Tom,

all of yor ports are in Vlan1 no routing is taking place.

Check the mtu on the PCs.

verify with sh int fasx if there are errors but your device is just acting as a switch I think

note:

as explained in other thread if you need to put a port in vlan different then vlan1 you need

inf fas y

switchport access vlan X

note:

if you think the pcs are in different ip subnets they aren't with this config. so check the ports and use the correct vlan for the ip address you gave to the attached device.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card