cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast Help

jbenson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, we have deployed a CCM at our main office and are using out p2p T1 for connectivity to our warehouse. The phones work fine and all VLANs are communicating just fine. We are running a 2811 router with a NM-ESW-16 module to handle switching. We have also implimented an Informacast server by Berbee. The problem we are having is the Multicast configuration on the phone connected to the NM-ESW-16. They get the text but no audio. Any help is appreciated.

JB

10 Replies 10

jasoninbtr
Level 1
Level 1

Try disabling IGMP snooping.

Jason

OK, tried that, no luck. Does anyone have a sample config using this module and Multicast?

Can you provide your config(s).

Thanks,

Jason

I will pull the config in the morning and post it. Thank you for your time.

Jason

Here is the config of the router.

Jason

Can you verify that your phones are getting a 10.10.20.x address?

Jason

Yes, they are receiving 10.10.20.x addresses. The Informacast server is on the other side of the T-1 link and the RP address is the interface on the router at the other side.

Jason

What does the output of 'sh ip pim nei' and 'sh ip pim int' look like from both sides of the WAN?

Jason, thank you so much for your help. When I looked at the 'sh ip pim int' command I noticed that on the router that is local to the informacast server the voice sub-interface did not have the 'ip pim sparse-dense-mode' command applied. The command was on the data sub-interface. I applied the command to the voice sub-interface and now it is working. Thank you very much for your time.

Jason

Awesome! Glad I could help. Multicast has to be one of my least favorite technologies to configure and maintain.

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: