Helpful
Replies

Integration with 3com and RF LINK

arturo.guzman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem with this topology.

I have a RF link connected with cisco to 3com and a optic fiver to other cisco to the first cisco like the figure.

The problem is when the RF and Fiber optic is available because generate a loop.

The pvstp dont detect the loop and i want to be connected two channels in case the fiber go down.

someone can give and advice.?

the 3com only suport stp o rstp and the cisco switchs are configurated with pvstp but pvstp it can't be modified.

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Arturo,

make the RF link and the 3com - switch A links 802.1Q trunks in this way PSTP+ should able to detect the presence of switchA via the RF link.

over an 802.1Q trunk PVST+ BPDUs are tunneled over a proprietary multicast MAC address and should flow via the 3com.

increase the stp cost for all vlans on the link of switchA to 3com so that this becomes a backup link

You can do this if you can configure the 3COM device.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Arturo,

make the RF link and the 3com - switch A links 802.1Q trunks in this way PSTP+ should able to detect the presence of switchA via the RF link.

over an 802.1Q trunk PVST+ BPDUs are tunneled over a proprietary multicast MAC address and should flow via the 3com.

increase the stp cost for all vlans on the link of switchA to 3com so that this becomes a backup link

You can do this if you can configure the 3COM device.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card