Helpful
Replies

Integration with 3com and RF LINK

arturo.guzman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem with this topology.

I have a RF link connected with cisco to 3com and a optic fiver to other cisco to the first cisco like the figure.

The problem is when the RF and Fiber optic is available because generate a loop.

The pvstp dont detect the loop and i want to be connected two channels in case the fiber go down.

someone can give and advice.?

the 3com only suport stp o rstp and the cisco switchs are configurated with pvstp but pvstp it can't be modified.

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Arturo,

make the RF link and the 3com - switch A links 802.1Q trunks in this way PSTP+ should able to detect the presence of switchA via the RF link.

over an 802.1Q trunk PVST+ BPDUs are tunneled over a proprietary multicast MAC address and should flow via the 3com.

increase the stp cost for all vlans on the link of switchA to 3com so that this becomes a backup link

You can do this if you can configure the 3COM device.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Arturo,

make the RF link and the 3com - switch A links 802.1Q trunks in this way PSTP+ should able to detect the presence of switchA via the RF link.

over an 802.1Q trunk PVST+ BPDUs are tunneled over a proprietary multicast MAC address and should flow via the 3com.

increase the stp cost for all vlans on the link of switchA to 3com so that this becomes a backup link

You can do this if you can configure the 3COM device.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card