Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward specific Message in Unity

l.colmenares
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts!

When user A leaves a voicemail to user B, lets say User B wants to send that message to another subscribers voicemail.

User B goes to its mailbox, checks the voice message and presses “4” to forward that message to another subscriber, after this happens, we get the Call Handler for the directory and user B is asked to enter the name and last name of the person he wants to forward the voicemail.

Are we able to do this kind of forward to the extension numbers of the other subscriber or is it only by name???

Where do we configure this in unity?

Thanks in advance!

Luisa

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is also a way to make extension the default. By default by name is the default.

Depending on what version of Unity.

In 7.02 you set it on the conversations page.

I suspect that all versions from 4.2 - 7.02 are this way but I can not prove it.

Randy

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Luisa,

You can. When it says to enter the first and last name, simply press ##. This should toggle between name and extension entry.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate.

Brad

There is also a way to make extension the default. By default by name is the default.

Depending on what version of Unity.

In 7.02 you set it on the conversations page.

I suspect that all versions from 4.2 - 7.02 are this way but I can not prove it.

Randy

Thank you very much for your answers!

I have Unity Cisco Unity 4.2 Build 4.2(1) and forgive me for my ignorance, but I don't find where to change this configuration.

the conversations page does not exist in unity 4.2

Could you point me to the place in Unity where I can change this default?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I found on the Unity Advanced Settings the "conversation" configuration section!

Now, I'm looking for the default setting where the search type for forwarding messages can be changed to be "search by extension" instead of "search by name"

It would be very helpfull if any of you can give me a clue on that!

Thanks in advance!

On the Conversation Page, check Message Addressing option.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: