cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Active Directory Security Group With Cisco Router

tom.gabriel
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup router authentication using Active Directory. My RADIUS server is communicating with my router, but I do not know how to define the Active Directory security group within my router. Could someone help me tell my router that the group I created in Active Directory, which is CISCO, can login to the router?

2 Replies 2

jasonww04
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to do the same thing - right now anyone with an account in AD could log on to my router. How do I define a subset of users to have permission to telnet to my router?

if you set up a cisco ACS server, then you can point the routers/switches to it for TACACS, and the ACS can point to your AD. That means you can map AD groups in the ACS and define what access is allows, and even deny access if users are not members of a defined group. Don't think you can do this if you point directly to AD for AAA access.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: