cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF Relay issue?

kking2008
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting mix reports of users with 7900 series phones that call an outside auto attendant (not unity, another business over PSTN) and are unable to navigate the DTMF menu. For example if they punch 2 for english they get an "invalid response". The odd thing is that this is not always recreate-able. It does seem to happen to the same users when it does happen.

The most recent report are 7921 and 7971 users that use an MGCP gateway (digital PRI) to connect to the PSTN. I have "MGCP DTMF-Relay voip mode all codec out-of band" specified on the gateway as well. Not sure what could be impacting DTMF.

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are two prominent issues for this:

CSCso87127:

Basically most of the 12.4(15)T gateways, and any mainline IOS before 12.4(23), starting at around 12.4(13) or so.

CSCsv04751:

Phone loads 8.4.1 or 8.4.1SR1 will cause duplicate DTMF when it's pressed on the handset. Speakerphone and headset shouldn't be affected.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

The “mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out of band” work with only PGW- HSI and with SIP.

Try to change command "mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band" to "mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode cisco".

Thanks for the idea, but this didn't change anything. The users that are local to the PRI gateway are not able to navigate outside menus, but remote users that are using that same PRI gateway through Tail end hop off are able to use DTMF in the menu system. The difference would be what codec was in use G.711ulaw/G.728r8 respectively.

Any other ideas?

There are two prominent issues for this:

CSCso87127:

Basically most of the 12.4(15)T gateways, and any mainline IOS before 12.4(23), starting at around 12.4(13) or so.

CSCsv04751:

Phone loads 8.4.1 or 8.4.1SR1 will cause duplicate DTMF when it's pressed on the handset. Speakerphone and headset shouldn't be affected.

The firmware bug was indeed my problem. I backed the phones down to 8.3.4sr1 and this resolved the issue. FYI the 8.4.1S code is part of the cmterm-devicepack6.1.2.1113-2.cop.sgn update that I had applied earlier for this particular customer. So use with caution.

thanks

The description of the troubles depicted in the post were exactly like the ones I was experiencing. Cisco CallManager 4.1(3)sr4d

I upgraded all 7911, 7941 & 7961 telephones to 8.4.2 and my troubles went away.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: