Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from 5.1.3 to 5.1(3d) , "Inactive version"

Hi,

what could have gone wrong?

I tried to upgrade my cluster yesterday from 5.1.3.1000-12 to 5.1.3.5000-3.

I have one Publisher and one Subscriber.

I started with the Publisher and it rebooted but now there is no Inactive version and the active version is 5.1.3.100-12 but the Subscriber looks Ok.

How to proceed?

2 Replies 2

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

The first place to investigate would be the installation logs, if you encounter problems with the installation, you can obtain and examine the install log files by entering the following commands in Command Line Interface.

To obtain a list of install log files from the command line, enter

CLI>file list install

To view the log file from the command line, enter

CLI>file view install log_file

where log_file is the log file name.

You can also view logs by using the Cisco Unified CallManager Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT).

This is possible through the RTMT application plugign, see the following description in the CUCM serviceability guide:-

Use Trace and Log Central, an option in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Real-Time Monitoring Tool, to collect, view, and zip various service traces and/or other log files. With the Trace and Log Central option, you can collect SDL/SDI traces, Application Logs, System Logs (such as Event View Application, Security, and System logs), and crash dump files.

Taken from this CUCM Serviceability Guide:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/5_1_3/ccmsrva/sartmttc.html

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Thanx, I did a new install yesterday but this time I did a manual reboot and that was successful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: