Controller console port on 3750 with WLC

Unanswered Question
Nov 26th, 2008

What hyperterminal settings are required to access the Controller console port on a 3750 with integral WLC? I think I have exhausted all possibilities but still cannot access it

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Rob Huffman Wed, 11/26/2008 - 06:16

Hi Steve,

Command-Line Interface

You can enter Cisco IOS commands and parameters through the CLI. Access the CLI either by connecting your PC directly to the switch console port or through a Telnet session from a remote PC or workstation.

Follow these steps:

1. Connect the supplied RJ-45-to DB-9 adapter cable to the standard 9-pin serial port on the PC. Connect the other end of the cable to the switch console port.

2. Start a terminal-emulation program on the PC.

3. Configure the PC terminal emulation software for:

-9600 baud

-8 data bits

-No parity

-1 stop bit

-No flow control

Catalyst 3750 Integrated Wireless LAN Controller Switch Getting Started Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/hardware/quick/quick3750g/guide/3750GSG3.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

s-moynihan Wed, 11/26/2008 - 08:38

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the response. I tried 9600 8None1 first but got no response. I then tried various other speeds but still no response from the controller. I accessed the switch ok via the console port. Apparently you can then connect to the controller using the 'session 1 processor 1' command, but this does not work either. This failed with a message stating something like 'telnet access not allowed to this device'.

Rob Huffman Wed, 11/26/2008 - 10:16

Hi Steve,

If you have a look at the Express Setup portion of the doc I linked you can see how to enable Telnet access :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted November 26, 2008 at 12:55 AM
Stats:
Replies:3 Avg. Rating:
Views:591 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard