Replies

Video Capability Disable & VT software cannot connect to Phone

rameezk_1999
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support team,

I am running the following IOS on my 1861 router:

c1861-spservicesk9-mz.124-11.XW6.bin

IPT is currently deployed in my network and i want to make Video Call as well.

For Video call, i am using 7940(firmware ver 8.0(5.0)) IP phone along with Unified VT software ver 2.0.3 running on my co-located PC(windows XP sp3).

I have configured the following in 1861 for video to work:

telephony-service

video

maximum bit-rate 256

service phone videocapability 1

ephone 3

video

mac-address 0016.4748.D5D9

type 7940

button 1:3

But still Video Capability is disabled on 7940 and my unified VT software displays message frequently " Could not connect to any Phone". But inside the VT software, it shows the Cisco phone is present but it keeps dis-appearing and re-appearing after a few while.

I have tried Unified VT 2.1.2 software as well but same problem exists.

Please note that CDP drivers are also installed on my PC any my IP phone is running on a separate Voice VlAN.

For your reference, i have attached the configuration of my router.

Please try to respond at your earliest.

Thanks & regards,

Rameez

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

I think Cisco VT advantage will help you.Cisco VT Advantage brings video telephony functionality to the Cisco IP Phone 7940/7960/7970 series. The Cisco VT Advantage software coupled with the Cisco VT Camera (a Universal Serial Bus (USB) camera) allows a personal computer (PC) connected to a Cisco IP Phone to add video to phone calls without requiring any extra button-pushing or mouse-clicking. When registered to Cisco CallManager, the Cisco VT Advantage-enabled Cisco IP Phone has the features and functionality of a full-featured IP videophone. Call features like call forward, transfer, conference, hold, and mute are available with video - and are all initiated through the Cisco IP Phone. Cisco VT Advantage is intended for desktop-to-desktop IP video telephony environments, not as a general purpose video conferencing solution for use in conference rooms.

The below URL explains more about Cisco VT advantage

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/cuva/1_0_2/administration/guide/1_02.html

farhanrkhan
Level 1
Level 1

I figured out and solve the problem by my self.

Actually, the mistake was silly and perhaps most of the people will do the same. I was doing a mistake when writing "videocapability" in the following command:

service phone videocapability 1

Its because "videocapability" can not come by just pressing tab button as we do for other buttons.

It's better if you copy paste this command directly from the PDF.

Please find the PDF which will be very helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: