cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 CommonServices Portal Page Problem

mathias.mahnke
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading LMS 3.0 to 3.1 everything went fine. Updates also to with the lastest patches.

Sadly I am now unable to open the CommonServices Portal Page (https://<host>/cwportal/c/portal/layout?p_l_id=PRI.3.9). It's always loading without any return / endless.

All other portal pages are available. Also the direct links to the different CS pages are running fine.

Any hints how to figure out whats going wrong?

Edit:

Windows Log is also showing Apache Service: 3299: Apache.exe child process caused an exception and reported error More information may be available in the error.log file. Apache.exe child process will be restarted!

mod_jk.log:

[Wed Nov 26 14:05:41 2008] [jk_ajp_common.c (1052)]: ERROR sending data to client. Connection aborted or network problems

[Wed Nov 26 14:05:41 2008] [jk_ajp_common.c (1303)]: ERROR: Client connection aborted or network problems

error.log:

[Wed Nov 26 14:04:15 2008] [error] Apache.exe caused a EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module ApacheCore.dll at 001B:6FFA8159, ap_ctx_get()+9 byte(s)

[Wed Nov 26 14:04:16 2008] [notice] Initializing etag from d:/ciscoworks/cscopx/mdc/apache/logs/etag-state

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\logs\stdout.log.

Hi jclarke,

thanks for your quick response. I changed yesterday the Localization from German to English/United States on my personal account and pushed that also to the Windows default profile.

After a server reboot the CM portal page is available again.

But: Apache is still crashing.

Attached the stdout.log from NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\logs\stdout.log

Regards

Mathias

Apache crashes have been reported on Windows, but have not been observed to have any negative effect on LMS. Are you seeing any other problems with LMS now that the locale has been set to US English?

LMS Webinterface is working fine.

Just our monitoring system will grep the apache errors from the Windows event log. We can define a exclusion here, if this a know but unproblematic event.

This is believed to be mod_ssl bug PR#569. However, the bug is difficult to reproduce, and it isn't clear if even the mod_ssl people have a handle on it. We are moving to Apache 2 in the LMS 3.2 release, so this shouldn't be a condition which lasts much longer. And as I said previously, it isn't seen to cause any real functional problems.

Thanks for the detailed information regarding this (now minor) issue, good news at all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: