add devices

Unanswered Question
Nov 26th, 2008
User Badges:

after I added devices under CS I can see them under Device Summary but the "icon" is a cube with a "?"

what must happen if I can see other informations about a device just added?

when I make a credential check, the new devices are not in device list, why?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
hadbou Tue, 12/02/2008 - 14:08
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

You must create a device group before you add devices to it.This procedure describes how to add devices to a group:

Step 1 From the Device selector, right-click the device group to which you want to add devices, then select Add Devices to Group. The Add Devices to Group page appears.

Step 2 From the Device Groups pane, select a device, or devices from different device groups, or select an entire group, then click The individual device or devices in the selected device group move to the Selected Devices pane.

Step 3 Click OK. The devices in the Selected Devices pane are added to the device group you initially selected in the Device selector.

Arne.Neumann Wed, 12/03/2008 - 02:09
User Badges:

sorry,

the devices are called "unknown devices" and they are in a group - I can see the devices under CS - device and credentials - device management and then in a customer group which I defined before.

But I don't see the devices when I want to make a credential check (rme - reports - report generator - application=device credential / report=verification report)

then I get the device selector - but here the devices are not in the group

I think the reason is the state "unknown devices"

but what must happen (credentials are ok) that I get a state change from "unknown" to "known" ? How can I force it?

Actions

This Discussion