Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 6.0 and MGCP Gateway !!help plz

hi all,

i've one pri line,1call manager 6.0&cisco 2851 gateway !!i just go through on net&planned to configure MGCP, wat the parameters i need to configure on Call Manager for make outgoing calls properly via gateway!!can any one tell me the complet parameters that i need to configure on CCM 6.0 please !!i have to configure international and local cals by pressing 9 key !!!

help me out its urgent

9 Replies 9

e.giron
Level 4
Level 4

Add your gateway to Call Manager - Under Device Gateway - Select MGCP - it will ask you for the Gateway name make sure it is exactly the same as the MGCP gateway name (on the MGCP router - do a show run and see the name of the router).

Then once its added make sure you have the correct config for the PRI - it should be T1-PRI not T1-CA. Make sure its parameters are NI2, B8ZS, etc, and then add a route pattern with your 9.@ for your local and long distance calls point the patterns to a route list that references the route group of your new MGCP Gateway.

hi e.giron,

thanks for your time&reply, i have two confusions,

1) router name u mean host name of gateway?

2) route pattern 9.@ i will configure on CCM or on gateway ?? and what do you mean by "calls point the patterns to a route list that references the route group of your new MGCP Gateway" can u please explain it little more !! also if you can share the sample or any running config for mgcp gateway it will be most appreciable...

sory for asking you basic questions !!!

Regards

With MGCP there is no dial plan info on the router. Here is a basic MGCP Config. Hope it helps.

ccm-manager mgcp

ccm-manager music-on-hold

ccm-manager config server X.X.X.X <-IP

ccm-manager config

!

mgcp

mgcp call-agent X.X.X.X 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band

mgcp rtp unreachable timeout 1000 action notify

mgcp modem passthrough voip mode nse

mgcp package-capability rtp-package

no mgcp package-capability res-package

mgcp package-capability sst-package

no mgcp package-capability fxr-package

mgcp package-capability pre-package

no mgcp timer receive-rtcp

mgcp sdp simple

mgcp fax t38 inhibit

mgcp rtp payload-type g726r16 static

mgcp bind control source-interface FastEthernet0/0

mgcp bind media source-interface FastEthernet0/0

!

mgcp profile default

hi erik,

i understand the config of MGCP, but wat about config on ccm. as e.giron said to make route pattern for local and international calls and to point the patterns to a route list that references the route group of new MGCP Gateway .. i understnad to configure route pattern & i have done it, but how to point the pattern to route list that refrrence the route group (as per e.giron)!! can you please explain these step in little more detail needs to be done on CCM 6.0 for outgoing or incoming !!!

thanks for your time and reply

Regards

Make a new route group. When you do that it gives you the ability to add the mgcp gateway to it.

Then you can add a route list to point to the group you made, or you can go into your existing route list and add the new group.

Then if you made a new route list then you can create a pattern and point it to the new route list, and if you just added the new group to an existing list you won't have to do anything with your patterns because they are probably already pointed to the right group.

does that help?

Erik

hmm now it sounds good !!!

so you mean first i need to create route group, then i have to create route list which should points to that route group, thn i have to make route pattern and i need to point that route pattern to route list, is it the way you mean and it will go ????

Hi Nasry, you find these documents helpful in understanding the concept of the CallManager dialplan and route groups, lists and patterns:-

Here the CUCM 6.x Service Guide provides an overview of dialplans:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmsys/a03rp.html

These documents links are taken from the CUCM 6.x Admin guide:-

Configuring Route-Groups:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmcfg/b03rtgrp.html#wpxref92916

Configuring Route-Lists:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmcfg/b03rtlst.html

Configuring Route-Patterns:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmcfg/b03rtpat.html

Hope these help.

Allan.

read this, this should clear any doubts you have:

Call Routing in Unified CM

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/dialplan.html#wp1044129

there's no easier explanation than this one, it even has images

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you thank you soo much !!! i have got installed and registered MGCP Gateway with CCM 6.0 !!! thanks alot for all of you specially allan and java for sharing to the point and usefull links

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: