cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to enable GRE pass-through

policreditos
Level 1
Level 1

I have a router cisco 1811 and I need enable GRE (Generic Routing Encapsulation. How I can do that?

5 Replies 5

I have the same issue and can find no answer despite this discussion being 8 years old!

Anyway my network is very similar to that already described

VPN Client(Win7)---->Internet===>router cisco1841===>VPN Server(Win 2012R2)----> LAN

My LAN has a private address range and I am using NAT. I am forwarding TCP port 1723 and this works but the tunnel cannot be established through the routers as GRE is not passed through. If I move my VPN client onto my LAN and re-test then the tunnel is established so this demonstrates that the problem is not with the client or server.

Has anyone solved this who can share the config needed?

Thanks

Ivan

Istvan_Rabai
Level 7
Level 7

Do you mean to pass through a firewall or through an existing acl?

Can you describe your environment.

Istvan

Hi, I have my router cisco 1811 K9, with Failover and LoadBalancing... and with the NAT rules to pass through the respective ports to have Web and Telnet Access...

now I'm trying connect from an external connection, with the windows xp client VPN conection, to my office (internal LAN) Windows 2003 VPN server....

I'm already NAT the ports 1723 Tcp and 1701 Udp but doesn't work....

VPN Client(Win XP)---->Internet===>router cisco1811===>VPN Server(Win 2003-ISA Server2004)----> LAN

Note: I'm not using the cisco vpn client and cisco vpn server, only Microsoft Windows VPN client and server configuration.

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

I don't have experience with Windows VPN server.

Can anyone help?

Istvan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: