Views
Helpful
Replies

location network services for 7921

aaron7181
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

I do have 7921[CP-7921-E-K9] ,which needs to connect to 1252 AP [1252LAP-E-K9] .controllers used is WiSM [5.0]

Initially country code configured was AE and later was added US .

When I try to connect to the AP , it displays on the phone , locating network services and after that configuration failed. The ssid i created is just open .

Did I miss anything ? Please advise.

Regards,

SID

3 Replies 3

gamccall
Level 4
Level 4

I'd try a couple of things to troubleshoot this: Verify if it's a basic wireless problem by associating a laptop to the voice SSID and seeing if you get usable IP. Then, plug a wired phone in on the same vlan that your 7921s are connecting to, to see if it's a problem with the call manager config, tftp setup, dhcp options, etc.

If either of those tests fails, then you know where to look for your problem. On the other hand, if a laptop on that SSID is fine and a wired phone on that subnet is fine, then that limits the potential problems to the setup on the 7921 itself.

Hi Gamccall,

Thanks for the response .

Apparently I have checked by connecting laptop with this particular SSID to be connected to the wireless ip phone.

Also I have connected the same vlan to the ip phone and it works .

The SSID is created is so simple . It is open and not broadcasted .

Setting are made by typing SSID as it is , followed by Security Mode which is open , 802.11 which is confusing and I have selected Auto -RSSI to automate the channels and finally single access point which is disabled and power mode which is none.

When I switch on the phone, I get locating network services and followed by connection failed .

Regulatory domains selected is AE and US and channels selected are 1,6,11,13 .

Is there anything I missed ? Please advise .

Regards,

SID

AE (United Arab Emirates) is not a supported country code (802.11d) by the 7921G phone. See the 7921G Deployment Guide @ http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/6_0/english/deployment/guide/7921dply.pdf. If the phone sees a non-supported country code advertised for the configured network, then it will be unable to associate. The country code (SA) is supported though.

Also is not advised to use overlapping channels. Non-overlapping channels in 2.4 GHz are 5 channels apart. Only 3 possible channels that are non-overlapping (1,6,11).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: