cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME config compliance check

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! we have a template for different Cisco devices configuration.however some times the configuration mismatch the template after the device sent to the field or after somebody reconfigure it. my intention is the check all device meet the standard once a while.what's the easy way to do that? can you refer me any literature to guide me.can I check the whole configuration at once or line by line or command bases?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For this you'd need a regular expression:

+ [#snmp-server location (First|Second|Third) floor#]

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of RME is this?

v. 4.0.6 Thanks

See this thread:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc18dce

You can schedule config compliance jobs to run periodically. However, you will not be able to operate on dynamic groups in RME 4.0.6. That means, that if you add or delete devices from RME, you will have to recreate your job.

Config compliance jobs can be scheduled under RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Baseline Templates. You can look at the context-sensitive help under that page to get more details on this feature.

thanks J. I have couple of question 1st- when I select the device, can I choose just router as generic or router specific model should select?

finally can I replace the specific ip address or chassis id or any specific name with XXXX?

You can choose the generic Routers category provided your compliance template was designed for Routers. If you want to create dynamic parameters, enclose them in []. For example:

+ hostname [HOSTNAME]

interface Loopback0

+ ip address [IPADDR] [MASK]

Then, when deploying the template, you will get an opportunity to fill in these parameters for specific devices.

thanks, I am wondering I can solve this.

+ snmp-server location First floor

so I want the location to be variable, can be 2nd floor an so on.can I use

+ snmp-server location []

For this you'd need a regular expression:

+ [#snmp-server location (First|Second|Third) floor#]

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: