Hi, recently been spending quite some times on figuring out a solution that can meet customer's requirement and ease the configuration maintenance in the future.
1. Must have @ least link or node protection aka FRR (so that put LDP signalled LSP out of the question)
2. Only selected traffic among few sites will be routed through explicit path, rest of the traffic follow IGP, that narrow down into CBTS
So I'll have all sites enabled with Auto-tunnel primary and backup of NH and NNH. This works fine, for the selected site that have specific application to routed via an explicit path, i created two manual tunnels, with one tunnel match EXP5 and EXP6, and the other tunnel matching default.
With this configuration, i suppose the end-result is like these:
1. Site without no manually created tunnel will follow the auto-tunnel created dynamically
2. Between sites with the manual tunnel, EXP5 and EXP6 goes into first tunnel without explicit path, rest of the traffic between these sites will get routed into the 2nd manual tunnel which match EXP default. There's no traffics between these sites (with manual tunnels) will get routed into the Auto-Tunnel
Is this workable, I've attached 2 PE configuration, once I enable the manual tunnels (CBTS), one of the PE still have the Auto-Tunnels up and FRR enabled, the other PE have lost the FRR capability, and with only 1 primary auto-tunnel active.
My questions go like this:
1. If there's a scenario where sites without manual tunnel has traffic flow to the site with manual tunnel, the sites with manual tunnels will reply the traffic via the auto-tunnel or the 2nd manual tunnel which match to default EXP? Or it'll smart enough to reply those sites with pure auto-tunnels with its own auto-tunnel?
Hope I dun get the question mess up.
Thanks and have a good day! Its 3 in the morning here..sigh