Views
Helpful
Replies

AP restarting after configuring HREAP

mauricioharley
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

We have an environment that uses WLAN controller and local and remote APs. Before configuring these APs (AIR-LAP1242G-A-K9) as HREAPs, is everything ok. After configuring it, they begin to continuosly restart.

Please, check the attached output. It seems a sequence of errors. APs are using IOS 12.4(10b)JA. My controller is a AIR-WLC4402-12-K9.

I appreciate the help!

Mauricio Harley

6 Replies 6

mauricioharley
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry,

I didn't send the output. It follows now.

When you changed the ap from local to h-reap, did you change the switchport configuration? If you plan on having the ap on a management vlan and users placed on another, then you need to configure a dot1q trunk with the native vlan being the vlan the ap management ip will be on. this should clear up your reboot. Also make sure the time on your wlc is correct.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi, fella,

I'm looking for this information. Maybe, this is it, but do you think this could solve the problem? By the way, I'm downloading a further version os WLC software so I can make more tests on my environment.

I appreciate the help!

If you have any other consideration, feel free to say it.

Mauricio Harley

If you are planning on upgrading, I would use 4.2.173 and not 5.X. 4.2 has worked well for me on H-REAP deployments.

-Scott

Hello!

I downloaded 4.2.130.0., but I realized that there's no boot file. Is this right? Have you seen that this version has an AssureWave certification?

I'll download this version you recommended.

Regards

The 4.2.112.0 ER.aes file is the last ER file to contain a bootloader. 4.2.130 is a Cisco Gold Code version. 4.2.173 is an upgrade that fixes issues with the 1252 AP's. I would go with 4.2.173.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card