Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom VSX 7000e NAT issue with ASA 5510 8.0.4

matthew.bauer
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Everyone,

I just got a new 5510 and need to get a polycom head unit to NAT through and it doesn't want to seem to play nice. (At least that is what I think it is) I have set up a static nat for the unit itself and set up an outbound and an inbound ACL to that unit of allowing all IP traffic (just to test). I have tried not inspecting the H323, inspecting the H323. Telling the unit that the firewall is H323 capable and not and it still doesnt' work.

I can hook the unit behind a 515e and mimic the same settings and it works fine. I packet trace from within the ASDM of the ASA unit and it fails on the NAT portion of the test.

Sorry to be so vague. I am at a bit of a loss.

Thanks

Matt

1 Reply 1

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

I think that you might be have done any mistake in NAT configuration in ASA as the same works with PIX 515e.So check the nat configuration on ASA and rectify any errors is found.It will be easier to identify the cause if the error mesage that you get in packet trace can be provided.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card