cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace 7 Questions

jasoninbtr
Level 1
Level 1

Posted this under another forum topic but it looks like this one has a little more MP action.

Couple of questions about MeetingPlace 7.

-What is the best way to provide fault tolerance to the MP web servers? Can you front end with a CSS/ACE or is it best to just have multiple DNS 'A' records for all of your web servers.

-If you enable SSL on the web server itself it significantly decreases the capacity of the server. Is it possible to offload the SSL duties to a CSS/ACE? If so, how have you configured this?

-What is the purpose of the two IP addresses required for each web server? In 'Home | Administration | Web Server' it says that one is for 'Home Page' and one is for 'Web Conferencing' but you can go to either address/hostname and you get to the web interface. Any insight?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Number of MeetingPlace Web servers:

- depends on the load, and whether external attendance (outside your organisation) is required. For enterprises you will use a minimum of 1 internal, 1 external server.

- Database is dependant whether you design for fault tolerance, and load related. On a MP Web server is okay, as long as you know the risks involved.

For the further description following URL may help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/7x/english/administration/web_servers_config_in_app_server.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/7x/english/installation/install_order.html

I have read every piece of published and unpublished docuementation regarding MP7. None of it really answers the questsions I asked. I understand the design of scalability for MP7. 500 users per web server if it is non-SSL. You should have the internal and external databases off-box to provide scalability....I get that.

Any other answers would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: