cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace 7 Questions

jasoninbtr
Level 1
Level 1

Posted this under another forum topic but it looks like this one has a little more MP action.

Couple of questions about MeetingPlace 7.

-What is the best way to provide fault tolerance to the MP web servers? Can you front end with a CSS/ACE or is it best to just have multiple DNS 'A' records for all of your web servers.

-If you enable SSL on the web server itself it significantly decreases the capacity of the server. Is it possible to offload the SSL duties to a CSS/ACE? If so, how have you configured this?

-What is the purpose of the two IP addresses required for each web server? In 'Home | Administration | Web Server' it says that one is for 'Home Page' and one is for 'Web Conferencing' but you can go to either address/hostname and you get to the web interface. Any insight?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Number of MeetingPlace Web servers:

- depends on the load, and whether external attendance (outside your organisation) is required. For enterprises you will use a minimum of 1 internal, 1 external server.

- Database is dependant whether you design for fault tolerance, and load related. On a MP Web server is okay, as long as you know the risks involved.

For the further description following URL may help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/7x/english/administration/web_servers_config_in_app_server.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/7x/english/installation/install_order.html

I have read every piece of published and unpublished docuementation regarding MP7. None of it really answers the questsions I asked. I understand the design of scalability for MP7. 500 users per web server if it is non-SSL. You should have the internal and external databases off-box to provide scalability....I get that.

Any other answers would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance,

Jason