Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking is unable to track some hosts after re-installation

jeeyishyuan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently, I have a problem to track some of my hosts using Campus Manager User Tracking. The host is shown in the User Tracking result before I did a re-installation.

To troubleshoot, I did a path analysis and found that the host is under unmanaged/inaccessible status. I have also attached the screen shot for the path analysis result. Please advise. Thanks

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Before and end host can be acquired by User Tracking, the switch to which is directly connects must be Data Collected by Campus Manager, and show up with a green switch icon on the Topology Map. Is this the case?

Yes, it appears green in Topology services.

To troubleshoot this, you need to enable "user tracking" debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > Debugging Options > User Tracking Server. Then run a new UT acquisition. Then port the resulting ut.log; the show run, show ver, and show mac from the switch this missing end host directly connects; the port to which this end host directly connects; and the portsData.xml, vlanData.xml, and RouterData.xml files from NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: