cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem in ATA 186 while configuring in CCME

sivakumar.kvp
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured static ip in ATA 186 box and i can see the ata in sh ip arp command (at both cisco switchs and routers) but the ata is not getting registerd with CCME.Can you guide me what could be the problem ?

thanks in advance

siva

10 Replies 10

dennis916
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Siva,

What version of CME are you using? can you check whether the current firmware version of your ATA is compatible with your CME? Kindly refer to this Site for reference, and then we can move forward.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/33matrix.htm

Regards,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for replying me.MY CCME version is

About the System

Cisco CallManager Express

OS Description Cisco Internetwork Operating System

Cisco IOS (tm) C2800NM

Cisco IOS Software C2800NM-SPSERVICESK9-M

Software Version 12.4(9)T7 / CME 4.0(0)

Feature Package IP|FIREWALL|VOICE|PLUS|SSH

GUI Version 3.3.0.3a (Compatible with IOS 12.4(3))

ATA veriosn :

ATA030100SCCP040211A.zup

All are looks like matching with latest firmware but ATA is not getting registered with CCME.Could you pls guide me here out.

thanks in advance

siva

Hi Siva,

The version looks fine, is it possible for you to send a copy of your config where the ATA is configured? eg. ephone, ephone-dn etc? from there we can start to verify all the possible problems.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

When we add ata in the network,it should be registered with CCME and ephone with mac address should come...rite ? but isn't coming.

i have added manually too but it is not working.The conf is like

ephone-dn 21

number 2021

des ATA

ephone 14

mac-address xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

type ata

could you pls help me out here

thanks in advance

siva

there is no attachment

can you try something like this, configuring it manually in the CLI

ephone 59

mac-address 00XX.7XXX.EXXX

type ata

button 1:59

!

ephone-dn 59 dual-line

number 2200

!

telephony-service

load ata ATA030100SCCP040211A.zup

Configured manually all these including

telephony-service

load ata ATA030100SCCP040211A.zup

but am not getting dial tone on analog phone which is connected to phone port 1 of ATA 186.Also if i do sh ephone ,it says unregistered.

Could you pls guide me here ...

thanks in advance

siva

Hi Sivakumar, have you specified the actual tftp binding command for the ATA image as tftp-server flash:ATA030100SCCP040211A.zup or the appropratie path on the flash?

If you debug tftp events, and unplug and plug the ATA back in, do you see any events logged regarding the ATA?

Here is a document for troubleshooting IP Phone registeration in CCME, you may or may not find it helpful:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/troubleshooting/guide/ts_phreg.html

Hope this helps

Allan.

Allan's suggestion is a good one as well, also in addition in troubleshooting the ATA registration to CME, can you also verify and assigned all ip address, subnet, gateway and tftp url in your ata statically just to make sure that it has all the details.

Thanks.

Hi,

The problem has been fixed up when we change static ip to DHCP configured on the switch.

Thanks to everyone ..

Thanks

siva

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: