CCIE Voice Lab - Changes for 2009?

Unanswered Question
Nov 26th, 2008

Does anyone know if the CCIE Voice lab hardware is going to change sometime in 2009? I'm wrapping up my CCVP and all my experience is based on UCM 5.x, 6.x, and I'm going to be working with 7.x in the coming months.

If anyone has any indication of what's to come in terms of UCM and Unity versions, I would appreciate the info.. I know that only official Cisco announcements really matter, but maybe someone has something interesting to share.

Thanks,

Mark

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Rob Huffman Fri, 11/28/2008 - 08:13

Hi Mark,

Excellent and popular question!

If I were a betting man I would guess that the announcement to change CCM Testing versions will come in the 1st Quarter of 2009 :)

Here is an answer to this question from Ben Ng @ Cisco from a great CCIE-V Ask the Expert event;

Hi Ben,

First off, many thanks for your participation here :) A question that keeps popping up is;

"When will the CCIE - Voice exam topics switch from CCM 4.x based to CUCM 6.x based?"

Any definitive answer here (or even a "best guess?")

Thanks so much!

Rob

"Hi Rob,

Thank you for the welcome and popping the most popular question these days.

Unfortunately I don't have an definitive answer for you at this time - we are still working through the process of deciding on the next round of equipment list and version upgrades

Our announcement will come out at least 6 months before the actual event, and for those who are planning their study efforts, I don't think the upgrade will take place in calender year 2008.

Stay toned.

-ben"

From this great "Ask the Expert" event;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Career%20Certifications&topic=Certifications&topicID=.ee702b1&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc0c05a

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob Huffman Fri, 11/28/2008 - 09:11

Hey Mark,

You are most welcome. Best of luck with your studies.

Cheers!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion