Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewing saved config

Just Kennie
Level 1
Level 1

Please I have some Ques.

1. Is it possible I see the content of a 'copy config tftp' with notepad or any other format.

2.Is there any diff btw 'copy run start' and 'write'.

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"1. Is it possible I see the content of a 'copy config tftp' with notepad or any other format. "

If you mean after loading config to a Windows PC, yes. However, notepad might not like the CRLF combination, if not, try WordPad.

"2.Is there any diff btw 'copy run start' and 'write'. "

On the later IOS images (12.4), at least for routers, there is. "sh arch conf diff nvram:startup(press tab) system:running(press tab)" (syntax is from memory, it might be incorrect.

Thanks greatly. I am so impress.

I am having an issue here. I have a 3800 series router that connects branches. But of recent I noticed the router will lose connection to some branches,even when the ISP confirm that the link is fine. But when I reboot the router,they all come up. I have like 5 ISP on the router. This problem is peculiar to just 1 ISP (A) and the most baffling thing is that its not all the branches that ISP A is supporting that get affected,but part and same branches.

Please what is the problem with the router.

Hello Kennie..

Could you tell me what type of connectivity you are using is it E1/T1 connection and if it has been configured as unframed, try to make it to framing of CRC4 and encapsulation as PPP.. I hope it helps. .

Regards

Harish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card