cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 4.x/CallManager Express Licenses

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hopefully a simple question. When you purchase a license for an IP phone to use with CM4.x or CME - e.g. SW-CCME-UL-7941 - do you receive a certificate as proof of purchase?

If not how can you prove to Cisco that your phones are licensed when you come to upgrade to later CUCM that use DLUs?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

This is an excellent question! The phones do in fact ship with a license (paper) that is included with the user guide. The truth of the matter is that I don't think Cisco expects their customers to have saved thousands of these from all of their IP Phone deployments. This is "honor" based, so if your phones are configured in CCM when the License Unit Calculation is done they will be credited with the proper number of DLU's from Cisco Licensing.

I have not heard of anyone who has been audited during this procedure. If you have any concerns you can engage your Cisco SE to help with this process.

The same applies when upgrading from CME to new CCM versions, you are asked to fill in the DLU calculator with the type/number of IP Phone models and will be credited accordingly :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

This is an excellent question! The phones do in fact ship with a license (paper) that is included with the user guide. The truth of the matter is that I don't think Cisco expects their customers to have saved thousands of these from all of their IP Phone deployments. This is "honor" based, so if your phones are configured in CCM when the License Unit Calculation is done they will be credited with the proper number of DLU's from Cisco Licensing.

I have not heard of anyone who has been audited during this procedure. If you have any concerns you can engage your Cisco SE to help with this process.

The same applies when upgrading from CME to new CCM versions, you are asked to fill in the DLU calculator with the type/number of IP Phone models and will be credited accordingly :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks. Your response confirms what I thought was the case.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi James,

You are most welcome my friend :)

Cheers!

Rob