cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW 2.6 - UserTracking Export - Semicolon only field delimiter?

steve.sobot
Level 1
Level 1

When perfoming an Export of the UserTracking report (from CampusManager) a semicolon in a description field messes up the field separation. Are there other characters that should be avoided besides semicolons?

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A semi-colon? The export should be CSV, and fields with embedded commas should be quoted. Can you provide an example of what you're doing, and what you're seeing?

Thank you for your reply.

This issue was reported by a third party, so there may be some local issues involved.

I have tried a CSV output upon a limited data set, and have not yet been able to reproduce the problem as reported to me. I will investigate further and report back appropriately.

I was informed that fields with embedded semicolons were causing formatting problems when processed by the CSV export function.

Is the comma the only character that needs to be quoted for correct processing?

Yes, as that is the column delimiter.

False alarm...

jclarke, indeed you are correct, the problem has been traced to a local script file working on CampusManager data.

CiscoWorks Export/CSV functionlity works fine (with commas as delimiters).

Thanks for your input, appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: