Helpful
Replies

CVP Microapp: Menu M Micoapp DTMF Trap

kartik.bhatia
Level 1
Level 1

ICM 7.2.4

CVP 4.0.1

In ICM call flow after Queue to Skill Group I am doing 'Run External Script' to call a M,prompt microapp with Config Prams as 1,,y,,... to give an option to the caller to press 1 for VM or continue to hold.

I do not know how to capture and trap 1 DTMF from a CVP Microapp in an ICM script and then take action on it accordingly from a ICM script.

Kindly assist please.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

The CED node is what you need.

If you are playing a prompt that says: "press 1 for voice mail, or just stay on the line to continue to wait for an agent", I find this easier to do with a Get Digit microapp.

Make sure you set "user.microapp.input_type" = "D" before the "Run External Script" node.

Set the length to be 1 and the number of no-entry tries to be 1.

Add a CED node. "1" will be for the option to go to voice mail.

If you want "no entry" to be acceptable then you need to come out the "X" port of the GD "Run External Script" node and check the ECC variable user.microapp.error_code - a value of 17 = reached max no entry tries. Send this back to your "queue to skill group" node.

In order to prevent the caller from hearing the default system message "please make a selection" you need to set the over-ride flag in your microapp configuration and copy one of the system wav files (something like silence_.5.wav) into your app directory and give it a special name.

The name is _no_entry_error.wav. See page 541 of the 7.0(2) CVP Config Guide.

I've done this many times. The log file from the CVP call server will help you if you make an error.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

The CED node is what you need.

If you are playing a prompt that says: "press 1 for voice mail, or just stay on the line to continue to wait for an agent", I find this easier to do with a Get Digit microapp.

Make sure you set "user.microapp.input_type" = "D" before the "Run External Script" node.

Set the length to be 1 and the number of no-entry tries to be 1.

Add a CED node. "1" will be for the option to go to voice mail.

If you want "no entry" to be acceptable then you need to come out the "X" port of the GD "Run External Script" node and check the ECC variable user.microapp.error_code - a value of 17 = reached max no entry tries. Send this back to your "queue to skill group" node.

In order to prevent the caller from hearing the default system message "please make a selection" you need to set the over-ride flag in your microapp configuration and copy one of the system wav files (something like silence_.5.wav) into your app directory and give it a special name.

The name is _no_entry_error.wav. See page 541 of the 7.0(2) CVP Config Guide.

I've done this many times. The log file from the CVP call server will help you if you make an error.

Regards,

Geoff

Are you reading this, kartik.bhatia@wipro.com of Wipro Infotech?

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff it worked

I used a GD,prompt microapp, then CED and then Label.

But facing one more issue now, the Label I used on CED 1 is 9, then on the GK I put a 9* pointing to teh VGW, on the VGW I removed 9 using translation rule, and he call is going out to the PSTN no.

But if that PSTN no does NOT answer within 3 rings. I hear the Microapp lady saying Technical Problems message.

So I tried Set var Call.NetworkTransferEnabled = "0" and then "1" also - but did not help.

How do I fix it.

Also, if I want that in case the ConultTransfer call like this is RONAed, how do I trap it in the ICM script to take action on it accordingly?

Thanks Again.

Kartik

I thought you said 1 was for voice mail. Return the label for the Unity sign in and set up a gatekeeper pattern to pass it over to Call Manager who will forward it to Unity. Why are you going out the PSTN?

Regards,

Geoff

They are using a third party already existing VM... our Pre Sales guy forgot to put Unity in proposal...long story short - Because they dont have Unity.

So the PSTN no comes into their corporate VGW, gets fwded to their VM system, how their VM system works and how they retrive their VMs - obviously I dont care. :-)

/kartik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: