Views
Helpful
Replies

users profile in LMS

alfonso.cornejo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi to all!

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a user profile in LMS that lets the user access only to manage and specific group of devices not all the devices that the LMS has on it's database.

For example if i have in the LMS two groups of devices called Devices city A and Devices City B and the profile for the Network Administrator of the City A just have access to the Devices city A group on the console of the LMS and not to the City B devices, can this be done??

Thanks in advance for your help.

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This can only be done if LMS is integrated with ACS. In that case, you can assign the ACS Network Device Group Devices City A to a user, and that user will only see those devices in LMS.

Hi,

But in that case those devices will only be managed by this user??? i mean outside of the LMS, like a regular ssh session for example.

Do I have to add this user to the LMS administrator group as well??? can a user be in more than one group??

Thanks in advance.

The user will only be allowed to manage (and see) the devices that are in the ACS NDG to which the user has access.

Outside of LMS, you would also want to use ACS to restrict users to only being able to log into certain devices.

When LMS is integrated with ACS, ACS handles all of the authentication and authorization. You will grant the user the necessary rights that they need in ACS. You do not need to add any users locally to LMS.

Hi Clarke,

I understand, are the LMS 2.5 and ACS 4.0 compatible to perform this???

Thanks in advance

You should upgrade to LMS 2.6 which will work fine with ACS 4.0.

Hi Clarke,

I see, where can I download the update for the LMS 2.6?? is only one package or do I have to install some packages in order to upgrade it to that version???

Thanks in advance

LMS 2.6 can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms26 . You will need to upgrade to LMS 2.5.1 first, though. LMS 2.5.1 can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms25 .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco