Views
Helpful
Replies

Light weight AP cannot Get IP from windows DHCP server

samuelwai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all :

We user WISM ver.5.0.148.2 , All AP is 1230 Series and Use Windows 2003 DHCP server.All AP cannot get IP after upgraded Lightweight from Autonomous IOS.

But I found the DHCP is work if i use my notebook connect the same switch port and my notebook can get IP from DHCP server.

Anyone can tell me why MY Lightweight AP cannot get IP from DHCP server ???

thx any idea .

I confirm the AP DHCP setting enabled and the config as below :

AP000d.bc41.4392#show ip inter bri

Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Protocol

FastEthernet0 unassigned YES DHCP up up

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Console into the ap and see what the log shows. Post that so we can see it also.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi fella5 :

The AP Log file at the attachment , Please take a reference. thx thx

tkhan
Level 1
Level 1

The AP may already have a static IP on it. Reset the AP by pushing in the reset button.

hi tkhan:

thx your idea ,I check it the AP didn't have static IP and the DHCP Protocol enabled already.

When you converted the ap's, did you also enter the SSC information on the WLC? How do you have the switchport the ap is connected to configured?

-Scott

Try enabling "spanning-tree portfast" on the switchport or issue "switchport host" on the switchport.

hi fella5:

yes , it's done , the WLC already have the SSC Code and i verify the SCC code is correctly.

the Switchport configured that vlan 99 access port and the Global Vlan ID set the IP helper to the DHCP already.I can ping to the DHCP , DNS and WLC.

Is vlan 99 trunking all the way to the layer 3 device? Try putting the ap on a user vlan on the same switch.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: