cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialer drops call

asif.akram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,From yesterday evening I found that the dialer is not working properly.It reserves the agent & through the call but when the called party receives it,the call drop after 1 or 2 second.I restarted the dialer services but no luck.kindly suggest me in this regard.

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Have you changed the call waiting status on the agent's phone?

When the Dialer places the reservation call to the agent, it comes in on their line and is automatically answered to hold the agent.

Now the Dialer calls the customer from a CTI port. When the customer answers, the Dialer transfers the "back end" of the call to the agent and overlays the reservation call. You must support call waiting for this to work.

Now with a call waiting, it drops the reservation call from underneath ensuring that no window was open for another call to arrive - obviously desirable in a blended environment.

Regards,

Geoff

cvenour
Level 1
Level 1

When you say:

> when the called party receives it,the call drop after 1 or 2 second.

I presume you are referring to the customer call leg being dropped? This could be down to several things, including MTP (xfer may be failing), CSS (if the agent is unreachable from the dialer ports, then the xfer will fail), Call Progress Analysis determining the customer call is to an answering machine, etc.

So, check if there have been any changes made to the Call Manager, and do some testing.

C.

Thnx man for ur suggestion....the problem has been solved..

what was the problem? CSS?

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: