Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility problem

mymite060708
Level 1
Level 1

Using CM version 6.1

I have set up DNS to provide extension mobility failover. So in the service list url and EM phone service URL I use a hostname that points to both CMs. This all works fine. When the pub is up I hit service key and after about 20secs the phone displays the service list and I can log on

When the pub is down the phone uses DNS to fail over the service list and present the EM service. When I select this it tries to display the log in page. After 1 min the page times out and displays a long html / tomcat error.

Has any one else had this error I have restarted tomcat but no joy. I have even set up two EM services that point to each CM and both work when the pub is up but not when the pub is down. According to cisco this should work.

1 Reply 1

SELOMECIS
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Mymite

What u are saying is right,because when u configure a callmanager redundancy,you should know that when the publisher is off most of the service would not work,like extensin mobility,corporate directory and u can not even add or remove anything to the callmanager suscriber,so according to what u are saying your server is working properly.