cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to browse www.adminitrack.com

ray_stone
Level 1
Level 1

Experts: I need your help. We have installed ASA 5505 in Production without using any IPS, Proxy. All Inside users are able to access Websites except only www.adminitrack.com. I have checked the DNS and its resolving. When I do telnet (telnet adminitrack.com 80) then it doesn't block and trace route is also reachable. I have reviewed the Firewall Logs but still all connections making and nothing found anything wrong in the FW.

I used my laptop and connect with directly with switch which is installed between ASA FW and ISP router and allot one public IP to my Laptop then I tried but still its not accessible. We have other DSL connection of other ISP and when I change my gateway and assign the second gateway of the II nd ISP then website works fine. For this, I launched a complain in Ist ISP and as per them, they are able to connect with Telnet and also reach by trace route. Can anyone advice me what should I do to check??

Thanks Ray.

3 Replies 3

torchris
Level 1
Level 1

Please try to collect log messages from the moment you try to connect to that website.

That can give you a better understanding of what could be wrong or if the problem is on the firewall or not.

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Ray,

If you have tested by-passing the firewall and it did not work either with same ISP and later on however it worked when using a different ISP. Then it is obvious that the firewall has nothing to do with the problem you are experiencing. It sounds more like a filtering on your ISP or perhaps whoever manages the web site www.adminitrack.com You might want to check with them as well

Thanks everyone. I was also thinking same.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card