Views
Helpful
Replies

how to access the ip phone through console

sunishnair
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I come to know the we can access IP Phone through the hyper-terminal. But i would like to know that how we can access the console. If i wanted to any special Cable or any other things i can use. And one more thing also i would interested to know that how we can upgrade the firmware through this way.

Regards,

Sunish

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Some phones (7940 and 7960 I believe) allow telnet access to the device if it is enabled on the Product Specific Configuration Layout; however, this access is limited. Phone status information is typically viewed on the web interface of the phone (again, if enabled).

Firmware upgrades/downgrades are performed through a TFTP server only. CUCM manages this automatically depending on what you have configured in CUCM Administration.

babatunde_sanda
Level 1
Level 1

If you have a phone like say the 7961 or 7941 models you could check the phone configuration by pressing the settings button till you see url management or something of that nature. There you should see the IP address of your call agent/complete url path to log into the phone. But generally speaking the phone under the administration of a call control agent like the CUCM/CCM will only be available for web management if it is enabled for it under the phone configuration page in the CUCM/CCM. Say my CCM is 192.168.1.10 and I have web management enabled for the phones, I could use this url to get into the phone's log on screen https://192.168.1.10/ccmuser.

As j.schulenberg mentioned, other forms of administration is very limited. Administration mostly depends on the call agent.

RTH.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: