MPE web participant list and dial in users.

Unanswered Question
Nov 30th, 2008
User Badges:

I have a question with regards to MPE 2.X and the names that are displayed in the web meeting. If I setup a meeting and invite a participant to it and they show up twice in the participant list. The first showing of their name is what they put in when they joined the via the web interface from mpe.company.com. The second user shows the caller-ID number from them dialing in. I don't want it to show up twice because it confuses people in the meeting. I want it to just show the user one time or not show any dial in users. I understand how to avoid this for internal users. I will not allow MPE to dial out to any external users. It can dial people when they are internal or some other very specific cell phone numbers but I don't want MPE to dial external users and have us absorb the LD cost.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jonathan Schulenberg Mon, 12/01/2008 - 03:32
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

Either you need to allow out-dial for guests; or, manually merge them by selecting the two entries in the participant list and then clicking the merge button to collapse them into one listing.

MPE has no way of understanding that a call-in guest matches a specific web meeting room guest as MPE lacks a "participant code" feature like WebEx has.

Actions

This Discussion