Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology Services not running

jeeyishyuan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have another problem for CM Topology Services. Even though with specified version of java plug in on the server, Topo Services is not able to run. Java logo is also not loading. Please advise. Thanks!!!

Regards

Yi Shyuan

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post a screenshot illustrating the problem. What version of Java do you have loaded on the client?

Hi jclarke,

The java plug in version is jre-1_5_0_13-windows-i586-p_withvbj.exe.

Assuming you have no other versions of Java installed, then this is fine. I would still like to see a screenshot to see what you're seeing.

Hi jclarke,

The java plug in version is jre-1_5_0_13-windows-i586-p_withvbj.exe.

The screen shots showed the windows prompted when Topology services is launched. After saving the .jnlp file. No other window is prompted.

It looks like you've associated JNLP files with a Save As action. You can either fix the browser association so that Java is launched, or simply double-click on the downloaded Topolopgy_Services.jnlp file.

Hi, jeeyishyuan.

If you want to avoid saving the .jnlp file, try to go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Security tab and confirm that the option "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" is disabled. If it is not, disable it and your problem should be solved. Anyway, you can always double-click the Topolopgy_Services.jnlp file as Joseph Clarke suggested.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: