Views
Helpful
Replies

L2L Tunnel between 2ASAs: General query on nonat/crypto acls

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi all,

For the L2L tunnel between 2ASAs to work fine, we normally configure same network to network - nonat & cryptos ACls on both ends of the ASAs. My question is...

will it work with no issues, if on one end ASA, the nonat & crypto ACLs are combined into object-group (to limit ASA configs) and on the other end the net address to net address nonat & crypto ACLs still exists (not consolidated into object group)..? If it works, does this work even if the tunnel is between ASA--> Router.

Thank you in advance

MS

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

MS, it will work if other side does not use the same consolidated acl scenario using object-groups. The acls and object-groups are locally significant to the device.

You can consolidate the acls on the ASA/PIX using TCP or UDP object-groups or network object groups and point your acl to the respective object-group they still have the same effect as when they were configured individually line by line.

does this work even if the tunnel is between ASA--> Router

Yes

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

MS

This should work fine. The object-group will simply be expanded when the 2 peers negotiate the local and remote networks. As long as the object-group entries match the other ends net entries it should all work.

Should be same for router as well.

Hope i've understood your question.

Jon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

MS, it will work if other side does not use the same consolidated acl scenario using object-groups. The acls and object-groups are locally significant to the device.

You can consolidate the acls on the ASA/PIX using TCP or UDP object-groups or network object groups and point your acl to the respective object-group they still have the same effect as when they were configured individually line by line.

does this work even if the tunnel is between ASA--> Router

Yes

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Hi Jorge

Sincere apologies as i could have sworn that nobody had answered this question but it looks like i missed your answer as the times the threads were posted are quite different.

Anyway, good thing we both agreed :-). Hope your'e well, found a new place in Bristol so will be moving at end of January next year.

Jon

My friend Jon, I never thought anything bad, the most logical thought I had was you must have seen the post empty..

You know I would never think wrong on you buddy..

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

MS

This should work fine. The object-group will simply be expanded when the 2 peers negotiate the local and remote networks. As long as the object-group entries match the other ends net entries it should all work.

Should be same for router as well.

Hope i've understood your question.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: