Views
Helpful
Replies

Development of CiscoWorks

mironduplessis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it just me or does it seem like the development of CiscoWorks LMS appears to be rather stagnant. It always makes me laugh when I log into my console to find the product update resource informing me of updates released almost a year ago. I thought that the fact that LMS3.0 was delivered on DVD was great for installs however there seems to be a lack of ongoing dev.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the contrary, CiscoWorks development is more active than ever. We just released LMS 3.1 on DVD as well as the IDU 21.0 device update and bug fix release. We are currently working on the LMS 3.2 release due out Summer 2009 as well as beginning to lay down some plans for the next major release.

J,

Thanks for the update, I suppose then the reason why i dont think updates are comming out are because when attempting to find software updates through the console you dont get those updates. Should I be speaking to my account manager for a copy of 3.1 on DVD?

Regards

Miron

The IDU for LMS 3.0.1 just came out. If you only have 3.0 then you will need to go to the Cisco.com Software Center, and download the December 07 update for LMS 3.0. After that device and software updates for LMS 3.0.1 will be available in the Common Services > Software Center.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: