Views
Helpful
Replies

Blackberry bold (9000)

jgalang81
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for posting this twice:

What is best practice for connecting bold users on our WLAN environment. We have dual band 1230 AP's. Are there any special setups need to be done?

Subnets to use that will include data and voice.

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at your company security policy. First of all, are these all internal users or not? If they are for internal users, but doesn't meet your encrytion or authentication level for your WLAN, then you should treat this as a guest user. Depending if internet is the only thing required, then you can force the users on the DMZ or vlan them off and setup ACL's to allow that subnet (BB Bold) access to only the internet.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi fella5,

Thanks for the response on my request.

Yes, they are internal users and it does meet our encryption and authentication level in our WLAN. However, I want to treat them like how we setup our Wifi Internal users on laptops.

I want to give a different subnet and SSID's have a strong encryption in WPA2 and use one of the EAP protocols other than LEAP.

Which of do you recommend?

Thanks,

John.

Well you should then use WPA2/AES with either PEAP or EAP-TLS if that is supported on the BBB.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Exactly what I was thinking. Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: