Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Gatekeeper

nunofonseca
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I need to a build a video network with about 1500 systems, and 700 concurrent calls. I already have a cisco 2821 with the gatekeeper subfeature (I can configure it and its working for 5 systems), but:

- Does 2821 handles with all this terminals and calls? I read that it handles with 7500 systems/registered, but no info about concurrent call

- How can I know if my gatekeeper license handles all this systems?

I dont want h.323 proxy feature.

The IOS is IPVOICE_IVS-M

Thanks!

B. Regards

1 Reply 1

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Single Cisco IOS gatekeeper can provide call routing and call admission control for up to 100 Unified CM clusters in a distributed call processing environment. Multiple gatekeepers can be configured to support thousands of Unified CM clusters. You can also implement a hybrid Unified CM and toll-bypass network by using Cisco IOS gatekeepers to provide communication and call admission control between the H.323 gateways and Unified CM.

The choice of gatekeeper platform is based on the number of calls per second and the number of concurrent calls. A higher number of calls per second requires a more powerful CPU, such as a Cisco 3700, 3800, or 7200 Series Router. A higher number of concurrent calls requires more memory. For the latest information on platform selection, contact your Cisco partner or Cisco Systems Engineer (SE).

For more information refer the below URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/5x/50clproc_ps556_TSD_Products_Implementation_Design_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1081281