SRST - Users on either Unity or CUE

Unanswered Question
Dec 1st, 2008
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

It's not my idea, and I can't change this business model, but...

We have a single branch office that will soon be shared between 2 different holdings of ours. We have a single PRI with an H.323 gateway registered to 2 different CCM clusters.

I'm concerned about how we're going to maintain voicemail functionality in SRST fallback. 1 group of users is using CUE while the other is using Unity.

I'm wondering if I can do something clever with COR lists -- specifying DID ranges under SRST via cor outgoing statements, then have 2 preferenced outbound dial-peers - 1 for Unity and 1 for CUE. Then within the 2 outbound dial-peers (both with the SRST voicemail # as the destination-pattern), I can do some digit manipulation to adjust the voicemail # to either CUE or Unity. I'm not 100% sure if a call hits a dial-peer with a cor list applied and access is restricted...does the call hunt to the next preferenced dial-peer with the same destination-pattern.

I'm not sure how much sense that makes, but if any other information is needed just ask. Also, if anyone can see other potential gotchas/issues besides SRST vm, please mention that also.

cheers,

Will

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
will.alvord Wed, 12/24/2008 - 09:53
User Badges:

I'm hoping if I phrase this a little more succinctly then I'll get an answer. ;)

Question:

If a call hits a dial-peer with a cor list applied and access is restricted...does the call hunt to the next preferenced dial-peer with the same destination-pattern?

thanks,

Will

Nicholas Matthews Wed, 12/24/2008 - 16:09
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

Hi Will,

Yes it will. The nature of corlists would break if this didn't occur.

Using corlists is about the only way I can think of doing this. When you have SRST ephones your options for voicemail are limited.

hth,

nick

will.alvord Mon, 12/29/2008 - 06:56
User Badges:

Cool! Thanks for confirming. I was out of ideas if this wouldn't work. I have a spare ISR I could put out there, but would be a waste.

Happy Holidays,

Will

Actions

This Discussion