cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST - Users on either Unity or CUE

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

It's not my idea, and I can't change this business model, but...

We have a single branch office that will soon be shared between 2 different holdings of ours. We have a single PRI with an H.323 gateway registered to 2 different CCM clusters.

I'm concerned about how we're going to maintain voicemail functionality in SRST fallback. 1 group of users is using CUE while the other is using Unity.

I'm wondering if I can do something clever with COR lists -- specifying DID ranges under SRST via cor outgoing statements, then have 2 preferenced outbound dial-peers - 1 for Unity and 1 for CUE. Then within the 2 outbound dial-peers (both with the SRST voicemail # as the destination-pattern), I can do some digit manipulation to adjust the voicemail # to either CUE or Unity. I'm not 100% sure if a call hits a dial-peer with a cor list applied and access is restricted...does the call hunt to the next preferenced dial-peer with the same destination-pattern.

I'm not sure how much sense that makes, but if any other information is needed just ask. Also, if anyone can see other potential gotchas/issues besides SRST vm, please mention that also.

cheers,

Will

3 Replies 3

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

I'm hoping if I phrase this a little more succinctly then I'll get an answer. ;)

Question:

If a call hits a dial-peer with a cor list applied and access is restricted...does the call hunt to the next preferenced dial-peer with the same destination-pattern?

thanks,

Will

Hi Will,

Yes it will. The nature of corlists would break if this didn't occur.

Using corlists is about the only way I can think of doing this. When you have SRST ephones your options for voicemail are limited.

hth,

nick

Cool! Thanks for confirming. I was out of ideas if this wouldn't work. I have a spare ISR I could put out there, but would be a waste.

Happy Holidays,

Will

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: