cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is Mobile Voice Access?

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I have a question that I want to validate with one of the features on the Cisco Unified Communication Manager system (version 6 or 7).

We are running Cisco Unified Communication Manager 6 Business Edition and their is a feature called Mobile Voice Access.

From my understanding by reading further with the feature it does the following ...

Allows a user to dial into a dedicated DID number, the Mobile Voice Access number from a cell phone for example. Then I would login with my username and password (which is associated to my device and knows about my remote destinations). Then I can place phone calls to inside/outside numbers as if I am originating that call from my desktop.

Is this true and that is what this feature does? Or is it something else?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

indeed you're right:

Mobile Voice Access is accessed by calling a system-configured DID number that is answered and handled by an H.323 VoiceXML gateway. The VoiceXML gateway plays interactive voice response (IVR) prompts to the Mobile Voice Access user, requesting user authentication and input of a number to be dialed via the user phone keypad.

Mobile Voice Access and Enterprise Feature Access

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mobilapp.html#wp1043819

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks for that. Just wanted to make sure than assume.

Is there any specific requirements needed for to use Mobile Voice Access (like additional licensing) or for the VoiceXML Gateway?

Thank you again!

no, CUCM 6/7 already provide the feature so the only licensing needed would be a DLU if you also plan to use the unified mobility to ring your mobile. but as such like buying the feature no, it's already in CUCM.

the GW needs to be H323, that's the only thing since it needs to match the DID and trigger the application

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: