Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Sizing for Deleted Messages

l.colmenares
Level 1
Level 1

Helloo Experts!

We want to enable the "store Deleted Messages" option on Unity.

So Deleted messages keep storage in the Message Store for some days...

How can we size if the Hard Drive Size is enough to keep the Deleted Message Stored and for how many days depending on the quantity of users?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

do the math counting all the VMs you're going to have in inbox and deleted. the unity design guide contains a table that has an aprox of how much space it takes 1 minute of recording based on the codec.

you would need to take an average message length x codec size to know how much disk space they would take.

in any case you determine the space allocated in exchange so you could simply allocate x amount of minutes based on the size of the mailbox. you cannot determine you're going to allow Y number of VMs since it's based on the size.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for your Answer! it is very helpfull

Do you know if there is a Tool in Unity to verify the average message length of the inbox?

Thanks in advance

I'm sure some Exchange mailstore reports could be used for this (you can filter on messages of class IPM.Note.Voice.Unity to get only voice messages). There's the Message STore Manager tools as well:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MSM.htm

the Message Store STatus dump report cranks out a huge amount of data about the messages in each user's mailbox includng the deleted message count and deleted message size which you can use to get the average you're looking for. Been a long time since I've fired up MSM but I recall this report can take a while to run given all the information it's extracting and it's best to run it off hours because it hammers the Exchange mailstore pretty good if memory serves.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: